When you register now you will also get a bonus one hour call with Jason Mefford for free (a $500 value) along with the other bonuses listed below.
Improved Relevance for Internal Audit
with Risk-Based Internal Auditing
- Internal audit is usually focusing on historical financial or compliance issues in transaction or process areas
- Management doesn't believe internal audit adds much value
- Internal audit is losing relevance and is being downgraded or made obsolete in organizations
Even though we have been discussing risk-based internal auditing for over 25 years, most internal audit departments are not taking a risk-based approach.
That is making internal audit, just another compliance function.
If you are like most internal auditors, you've probably experience some of these challenges in your career:
- You feel ignored by management who don't believe you are adding value.
- Your department has difficulty getting the resources it needs.
- You spend most of your time stuck in the details, wishing you could perform higher value engagements that other appreciate.
- Management says you don't really understand their business.
- You are being held back in your career, and earning potential ... because you don't have a certification.
- You are on the certification path, but have failed exams multiple times and feel like you will never get certified.
- Left out
- Not valued
- Stuck in your career
- Better align your efforts with management and the board
- Better coordinate with others in your organization
- Become more proactive and less historical
- Become seen as a trusted advisor
- Become certified and qualify for promotions and increased earning potential
- Valued, and
Whether you are just getting started with a risk-based internal audit approach, or want to improve what you are doing, you don't want to miss out on this opportunity.
What most internal auditors are missing is a model to use when implementing a risk-based approach, and a deep understanding of risk management.
If you are the kind of person who wants to deepen your risk management skills and access the step-by-step formula, keep on reading.
In this course you will learn the concepts and process behind using a practical risk-based internal audit approach that you can start applying today. You receive the step-by-step process for how you can implement a risk-based internal audit approach at your organization using the Risk-Based Internal Audit Model™ and access templates and downloads.
Steps you can start taking today, to make your audit approach more risk-based ... and earn the respect. trust and support of management and your board of directors.
- The History and Future of Internal Audit
- Audit Approaches and Maturity
- Risk Management Basics
- Risk-Based Internal Audit Model™
- Coordinating Efforts with Others - 3 Lines of Defense, etc...
- Additional Resources
- cRBIA™ Exam
- cRBIA Certification Process
Delivery Method: Self Study
CPE Hours: 28.0
Format: Video, Workbook, Resources
If you want the respect and trust of management, you need risk-based internal auditing.
Have any questions? Make sure to check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) at the bottom of the page or Contact Us.
Get started now!
"The cRBIA course was well thought out and presented in a holistic, integrated manner that kept me interested and motivated to complete it timely.
The course was clear, concise and easy to follow, and had great content that can be easily applied. I appreciate your hard work on this and appreciate the bonus material as well. "
- Christopher F.
FREE BONUSES WHEN YOU REGISTER NOW FOR THIS COURSE:
- Demonstrating Your Value to Management Module ($1,000 value)
- Certification preparation materials you need to pass the exam ($1,000 value)
- Certification exam included as part of the course for free ($250 value)
- The Certified Risk-Based Internal Auditor™ (cRBIA) professional designation when you pass the exam at the end of the course.
- Use your cRBIA™ designation on LinkedIn and your resume / CV for life.
- Templates and downloads you can tailor to use in your organization ($2,000+ value)
- No travel necessary ($2,000+ savings)
"The cRBIA is one of the two best classes I have taken so far. It is the best risk managements class I have taken, even if it is suppose to be an audit class. Really in depth, more than others and I can put it into action immediately.
Having a lecture with slides is really motivating, makes one feel like they are in an actual class and keeps my attention.
It is much more than I expected, and it is well worth the $2,499. I am ready for my first risk based internal auditing project."
- Terry B.
Most traditional certifications for internal auditors require a degree, years of experience, an application process, and multiple exams that take 1-2+ years and $10,000+ at a minimum to obtain.
If you are a little skeptical, here's the math for the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) as an example:
- Application fee = $250
- Testing fee for 3 exam parts = $750
- Re-testing fee for 2 parts (less than 40% pass the first time) = $500+
- Preparation materials or courses = $1,000-$12,000+
- 500+ hours of studying at $20 per hour for your time = $10,000+
And that doesn't include all the time and money invested to get a university degree and years of experience.
Most people have invested $2,000-$2,500 just to get started with the CIA, before even considering the 500+ hours of studying (usually over several years).
With the Certified Risk-Based Internal Auditor™ (cRBIA™) professional designation, you avoid a 1-2+ year struggle, and investing $10,000+ in time and money.
Instead with the Certified Risk-Based Internal Auditor™ (cRBIA) within 1-2 weeks of investment you feel qualified, confident, and hopeful.
Wouldn't you prefer a 1-2 week path instead of 1-2+ YEARS?
What if in as little as 3 months:
- you could qualify for a promotion
- could apply for a position at a new company
- could increase your earning potential
And all of that in addition to being qualified to perform risk-based internal audits.
If you are the kind of person that is ready to invest in yourself, NOW is the time to act, but the choice is up to you.
When you are ready to take your career to the next level and make your internal audit activity more risk-based, GET STARTED NOW.
Get started now!
"I especially like the part of the course that dealt with developing the audit plan. The course was very practical."
- Mario B.
Frequently Asked Questions
Jason Mefford is a rock star in internal audit, risk management and compliance. He typically works with Chief Audit Executives (CAE) and professionals in audit, risk and compliance with the technical and soft-skills needed to navigate the land mines of organizations. He takes complicated, confusing & hard things, makes them practical, proactive & simple to improve learning and transformation. He's been an executive in charge of internal audit, risk management, ethics, compliance, and information security.