Team Builder Leadership Course
Field: Human Resources | Delivery Method: Self Study | CPE Hours: 6.0
Less stress. Happier teams. Confident leaders. That's the dream of every leader.
The problem is, many supervisors and team leaders find themselves in leadership roles without the tools and training they need to inspire their team to serve the public at the highest level.
Shanda Miller teaches team leads and supervisors how to implement a powerful leadership strategy and start getting extraordinary results.
In the course, participants will implement the four-step system for building and leading productive and thriving teams:
- Lead with intention and purpose
- Create authentic supportive relationships
- Delegate with high expectations and clear feedback
- Build a system of accountability
“Shanda's Team Builder Workshop was engaging and insightful. Shanda delivered information in an easy-to-understand and easy-to-implement manner. The worksheets and templates allowed me to take what I had learned and plan how I could implement the action items in my day-to-day routine. I am excited to continue to use Shanda's techniques to become a better leader and help my team in reaching our goals.” - Cathleen
- To understand the power of intention
- To discover your leadership purpose
- To clarify your role, your boss’s expectations, and your team’s objectives and goals
- Understand the power of relationship
- Implement your system for creating authentic supportive relationships
- Plan and engage in at least one one-on-one meeting with a team member
- Implement your system for providing high expectations and high support
- Implement your system for providing effective and clear feedback
- Learn how to build a culture of feedback
- Learn the 6 elements of an accountability system
- Implement your system of accountability with your team
- Learn how to set SMART goals
“I've been leading a fully remote team for over five years and I'm always looking for new ways to engage my team and improve our performance. The Team Builder training is great for new leaders as well as those of us who have been at it for a while. Shanda's information was well organized and the workshop format provided great tools for working on our own. I see myself returning to the resources in this course as my role and team evolve.” - Abbie
Shanda K. Miller is a champion for public service leaders. She typically works with new team leads, supervisors, and program managers and helps them flourish as leaders. She helps them build thriving teams that deliver extraordinary results on-time and on-budget.
Shanda is a Certified Internal Auditor and has over 20 years of experience leading teams in the Public Service sector. Before starting Become a Super Leader, a leadership development business, her last position was Chief Audit Executive for Lane County, Oregon. In 2019, Shanda published her book From Supervisor to Super Leader, a complete team leadership guide for new and aspiring team leaders.
Learn more at: https://becomeasuperleader.com/