Selling the Concept of Risk Management to Executives and the Board
Field: Management Services | Delivery Method: Self Study | CPE Hours: 1.0
Before you can really get rockin’ in your risk management efforts, you need the commitment of executives and the board -- or you could find yourself banging your head against the wall. To sell the concept of Risk Management, start by clarifying what executives and the board want and pitch using language that will resonate with them.
- The two major approaches organizations take in managing risk
- The best way to clearly explain the benefits of Risk Management
- The basics of marketing messaging so you can effectively pitch to executives and the board
- Questions you need to answer to develop effective messaging to the group and individuals
- Tactics to link your efforts to key organizational objectives
- The easiest method to develop a business case for IRM efforts
Jason Mefford is a rock star in internal audit, risk management and compliance. He typically works with Chief Audit Executives and professionals in audit, risk and compliance with the technical and soft-skills needed to navigate the land mines of organizations. He takes complicated, confusing & hard things, makes them practical, proactive & simple to improve learning and transformation.
Jason is a CAE coach, professional speaker, facilitator and podcast host. He serves the internal audit community through his companies Mefford Associates, cRisk Academy, Mefford CIA Review Course, and the Jamming with Jason Podcast.