How to Develop Ethical Fitness in Your Organization
Field: Behavioral Ethics | Delivery Method: Self Study | CPE Hours: 1.5
In this course we will discuss how to teach and re-enforce ethical principles to individuals and within organizations. Just like physical exercise, we all need to have the necessary equipment and practice to make us ethically fit.
This course will help you develop and/or audit the basic requirements of an ethics program that is consistent with the requirements in the Federal Sentencing Guidelines for Organizations (FSGO).
- Identify the core human values upon which any ethical decision should be made.
- Define the types of ethical decisions and which are applicable to the decision you need to make: truth vs. loyalty, long-term vs. short-term, individual vs. group, or short-term vs. long-term.
- Familiarize yourself with commonly accepted ethical decision making models and recognize the common elements necessary for developing an ethical decision making model in your organization.
- Consider classical ethics philosophies and determine how to apply them into your own ethical decision making model.
- Provide your employees with the tools, resources and examples of ethical decision making models they can use in everyday life.
- Determine how you can apply these concepts into training and communication processes at your organization to teach employees ethical fitness.
Delivery Method: Group
CPE Hours: 1.5
Jason Mefford is a rock star in internal audit, risk management and compliance. He typically works with Chief Audit Executives and professionals in audit, risk and compliance with the technical and soft-skills needed to navigate the land mines of organizations. He takes complicated, confusing & hard things, makes them practical, proactive & simple to improve learning and transformation.
Jason is a CAE coach, professional speaker, facilitator and podcast host. He serves the internal audit community through his companies Mefford Associates, cRisk Academy, Mefford CIA Review Course, and the Jamming with Jason Podcast.