Developing a Business Case for GRC and Internal Audit Efforts
Create an effective business case so you get the resources and budget you need. CPE=1
Having a difficult time getting budget and resources for your efforts? Perhaps you need to purchase a new tool to be more efficient, hire more staff, or collaborate with other groups in the organization – but you just keep hearing “NO.” No wonder you feel frustrated and unappreciated for all those long hours of work.
- Understand the psychology behind decision-making.
- Avoid the common mistakes made by most administrative functions when requesting funds.
- Create a business case that taps into both the cognitive and emotional sides of decisionmakers.
- Link your GRC and Internal Audit efforts to key organizational objectives.
- Hear YES, and get the resources you need to provide maximum value to your organization.
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Jason Mefford is a rock star in internal audit, risk management and compliance. He typically works with Chief Audit Executives and professionals in audit, risk and compliance with the technical and soft-skills needed to navigate the land mines of organizations. He takes complicated, confusing & hard things, makes them practical, proactive & simple to improve learning and transformation.
Jason is a CAE coach, professional speaker, facilitator and podcast host. He serves the internal audit community through his companies Mefford Associates, cRisk Academy, Mefford CIA Review Course, and the Jamming with Jason Podcast.