Travel & Entertainment ("T&E") fraud has always been an easy way for employees to pocket cash and with the proliferation of procurement cards; it has become easier than ever for merchants to get in on the action. Aside from the fraud potential, travel and entertainment spend can be reviewed for efficiencies in vendor usage or simply to curtail employee actions that can add considerable costs of misuse to the company.
Specific learning objectives include:
- Based on past experience, learn why we selected our top 10 analytic tests to run on P-card and travel spend
- Complete a who, what, when, and where set of visualizations of your travel and P-card data
- Put the top 10 analytics into action using Microsoft Excel template data and approaches
- Distinguish between the top major accounting systems used when extracting travel and entertainment, travel agency and P-card data
- Understand the benefits of integrating and managing a continuous review of travel and P-card spend
This 2-hour training includes downloadable templates, so you can follow along with the practical examples.
This is a previously recorded AuditNet® webinar with Jim Kaplan and Rich Lanza
Delivery Method: Self-Study
AuditNet® is the Global Resource for Auditors, and serves the global audit community as the primary communications resource with an online digital network where auditors share resources, tools, and experiences including audit work programs and other audit documentation.
As the first online portal for the global audit community, AuditNet® has been at the forefront of audit websites dedicated to promoting the use of technology. http://www.auditnet.org/
Jim Kaplan, the founder of AuditNet®, became a Certified Internal Auditor in 1984. He has continuously promoted and encouraged the use of technology and the Internet for audit productivity.
As an active member of the IIA, he has held many positions at the local and International level. He is a founding member of the Northern Virginia Chapter and served as Chapter President in 1989. He retired from his government audit director position in 2005. He is the founder and President of AuditNet®, the global resource for auditors, and has been identified as an Internet for Auditors pioneer. Jim's contributions to the profession were recognized by the IIA (2007 Bradford Cadmus award) and the Association of Local Government Auditors (Lifetime Achievement Award). In addition to the IIA, he is a member of the Association of Local Government Auditors and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.