Is Your Audit Department "Highly Effective"?
Field: Auditing | Delivery Method: Self Study | CPE Hours: 1.0
Today's fast-paced and
evolving business environment requires internal audit to consider its
capabilities and needs to ensure appropriate strategic planning. How can CAEs
develop strategic plans that result in their stakeholders viewing the audit
function as “highly effective”?
Our research has found an approach that builds on three dimensions of effectiveness that must be addressed to be highly effective:
• Meeting stakeholder expectations
• Operating core processes
• Conforming to internal audit standards and applicable regulatory requirements
In this session, participants will:
• Discuss the need for and importance of strategic planning within the internal audit function
• Explore the 3 dimensions that contribute to a highly effective internal audit function
• Populate a framework to understand how processes and expectations are aligned and where changes need to occur
• Develop an initial strategic vision based on an understanding of stakeholder expectations
Delivery Method: Self-Study
AuditNet® is the Global Resource for Auditors, and serves the global audit community as the primary communications resource with an online digital network where auditors share resources, tools, and experiences including audit work programs and other audit documentation.
As the first online portal for the global audit community, AuditNet® has been at the forefront of audit websites dedicated to promoting the use of technology. http://www.auditnet.org/
Jim Kaplan, the founder of AuditNet®, became a Certified Internal Auditor in 1984. He has continuously promoted and encouraged the use of technology and the Internet for audit productivity.
As an active member of the IIA, he has held many positions at the local and International level. He is a founding member of the Northern Virginia Chapter and served as Chapter President in 1989. He retired from his government audit director position in 2005. He is the founder and President of AuditNet®, the global resource for auditors, and has been identified as an Internet for Auditors pioneer. Jim's contributions to the profession were recognized by the IIA (2007 Bradford Cadmus award) and the Association of Local Government Auditors (Lifetime Achievement Award). In addition to the IIA, he is a member of the Association of Local Government Auditors and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.